Under the Dome is shot in three different counties: New Hanover (Wilmington), Brunswick (Southport) and Pender (Burgaw and Currie).
– The scene where Mike Vogel (Barbie) crashed in the pilot and where the dome came down on him and Colin Ford (Joe) was shot in Currie, NC
– Big Jim’s Car Lot took over Southport Motorcars on North Howe Street in Southport.
– Chester’s Mill Clinic is actually The Ocean Trail Convalescent Center also in Southport.
– Big Jim’s house is actually in two different counties. His porch is in Southport on E. Bay St, but the inside of his house is near downtown Wilmington on Chestnut St.
– The location used for the kids partying after the dome comes down with John Elvis (Ben) and Colin Ford (Joe) is called the 6th St Bridge (aka Harry Forden Truss Bridge) which is just past Downtown Wilmington.
– The location used for the gas station where Mackenzie Lintz(Norrie), Aisha Hinds(Carolyn) and Samantha Mathis(Alice) stops before the dome comes down is in downtown Burgaw at a defunct gas station at the corner of E. Wilmington/N. Wright St.
– The exterior radio station is in Southport, but the interior is on Sound Stage 7 at EUE/Screen Gems studios in Wilmington.
– On Stage 8, you will find the Sweetbriar Rose, the cafe run by Beth Broderick (Rose).