Wilmington, NC is one proud city fore many reasons, from our beaches to our lifestyle. We are also so proud of our film industry. We’ve had some extremely successful films and television shows such as Iron Man 3, The Conjuring, Dawson’s Creek, One Tree Hill, Revolution and of course one of our favorites: Under the Dome.
This show stands out because they created a model that will pave the way for future television shows with their savvy business model. The show has not only spread out in over 200 territories, but partnered with Amazon Prime to further its success.
Let’s take a look at CBS’s successes since airing (Taken from: SpoilerTV)
– Episode one of UNDER THE DOME was the most-watched TV premiere in history of Amazon’s Prime Instant Video and the series overall has been the most-watched series this summer on the service. They have since renewed the contract for Season Two which will air Summer 2014.
– Internationally, UNDER THE DOME, which will be licensed in more than 200 territories by CBS Studios International, is off to strong starts in countries where it has already premiered.
– In Australia, UNDER THE DOME is the highest-rated U.S. drama this year on Network Ten across key demos, total persons and persons 25-54.
– In Canada, UNDER THE DOME on Global, has been the #1 series on Canadian television since its debut.
– In Spain, UNDER THE DOME had the best international series premiere in Antena3 channel history and the best international series debut on Spanish free TV in three years.
– In the United Kingdom, UNDER THE DOME has been the #1 series on Channel 5 since its debut.
– In Germany on ProSieben, UNDER THE DOME delivered the channel’s most successful premiere in its time period since 2000.
– In Austria, UNDER THE DOME was the most-watched U.S. series debut on ORF eins since 2007.
– In New Zealand, the premiere of UNDER THE DOME on Prime ranks as the channel’s fourth-highest-rated program of the year.
– In Italy, UNDER THE DOME has ranked third among all series on Rai2 since its debut.