Happy New Year’s Eve! The final day of the year. Let’s get right to “Rumors from the Lot.” We’ve got three of them to discuss. I got some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first? Yeah, I can never decide either, so let’s flip a coin. Okay, tails it is. The bad news. Remember, these are strictly rumors and I cannot confirm at this point.
1) RUMOR: Max Steel. Last week, while visions of offices opening danced through our heads, there has been a rumor going a round that they have pulled out of Wilmington and are going to shoot in another state. I heard they already had a few contracts in place in Wilmington and withdrew in the past week. And no I didn’t hear Georgia or Louisiana. I heard Connecticut. Though I haven’t been told any reason for the possible move, I can tell you a little about the state’s incentives.
In Connecticut, production companies incurring expenses between $100,000 and $500,000 are eligible for a 10 percent credit, between $500,000 and $1 million are eligible for a 15 percent credit, and over $1 million are eligible for a 30 percent credit. For income years starting Jan. 1, 2010, the minimum expenditure increases to $100,000 and makes the credit amount dependent on the production’s total expenses or costs.The state also offers a tax credit for infrastructure costs, and exemptions for property, sales and hotel taxes.
Still, with all that being said, it could indeed just be a rumor and they could very well remain here. Still looking into this one.
2) RUMOR: Bolden! We’ve heard this rumor before, but it has definitely made the rounds again. The word is yet again, Bolden! might be headed to Atlanta. When? We don’t know, just as we didn’t know their definite start up date when they were still planning on shooting here. I will keep you posted when I hear more details. Again, rumor, let’s hope they stay here.
3) RUMOR: Production Companies Scouting. While the first two rumors are major bummers, here is something that might cheer you up. Word on the lot is we’ve had a couple of productions companies sniffing around Wilmington, looking for that ideal place to shoot some television pilots. No word yet on exactly who, but as soon as I find out, I will let you know.
- JAN 2 – TV.com’s “Best Of”: Voting ends this Thursday. NC shot TV shows on the list: Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Homeland, Banshee and Eastbound and Down. VOTE NOW!
- JAN 8 – The People’s Choice Awards are next Wednesday, 9pm EST on CBS
- JAN 13 – Sleepy Hollow Episode 11 “Vessel” is that Monday, 9pm EST on FOX
- JAN 15 – Encore Magazine’s Best of 2013: Voting ends that Wednesday VOTE NOW.
That just about does it for me; I will have more Wilmywood updates for you probably Thurs or Fri morning (unless something breaks). Got Scoop? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or message me on Wilmywood’s FB . You can also just post your comments below! Until then, that’s a wrap!!