Good Morning Wilmywood! Hope your hump day is as happy as a hippo in heat! Wait…
First off, I have some personal news to share with you. Beginning the week of April 6th, I will be adding another facet to The Wilmywood Daily. ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY has gathered up a handful of bloggers and has made a “Community” out of us. I have to say, they are quite talented and some are downright hilarious. So, kudos to you EW for the selections. But here’s the cool kicker. While the other bloggers are doing awesome show recaps (seriously give them a read), I get to do what I LOVE most. Talk about and promote NC Film. I am very excited about being able to shine an even brighter light on the productions that are shooting here. So yay! Now let’s do just that!
The small town of SLEEPY HOLLOW is getting bigger! They have already been using 3 sound stages and the entire back lot. And now they are adding a 4th sound stage to the massive production. In addition to that space, it looks like we’ll be seeing more of Wilmington aka Sleepy Hollow as they have been scouting new locations for season 2. Hunter from the Star News says production begins May 6th.
RED ZONE is getting a nice mid-morning start which is a very good thing cuz it’s just way too cold to be working outside this morning! They will be shooting on Colonial Drive today.
UNDER THE DOME is at Screen Gems today, but they will venture back out tomorrow. Dwight Yoakam joins our Domies on set today!
1) The buzz is back for BOLDEN! People are talkin’ saying the most expensive independent film ever made is not out of the picture. Things might move forward after all. The question is when? Still workin’ on this one. I will keep you posted!
2) We might be getting back to back TV movies. After THE SIN SEER wraps Overflow Entertainment might shooting a second flick here in Wilmywood.
3) There is more talk about SECRETS & LIES moving to Charlotte. Although I have heard from others that due to prominent locations, they would stay here, I have also heard that Charlotte would be better suited for the TV production. We will find out soon enough which rumor is correct.
The battle for the best Southern town is on! In the spirit of March Madness, Garden & Guns has set up a bracket featuring 32 great Southern towns going head-to-head for the championship. And your votes will determine which towns advance. VOTE FOR WILMINGTON NOW (Voting ends tomorrow)
REMINDER: Get ready to dash with your dog! Or walk! The 2014 Walk & Dog Dash is THIS Saturday! Come join us as we raise money and awareness for the programs and services of Canines for Service. It is a family and pet friendly event including a walk, dog dash, pet photographs, vendors and more. The Walk is approximately 2 miles around beautiful Hugh MacRae Park beginning between Shelters #5 and #6. The Dog Dash is an approximate 1.5 mile run with your best canine friend. Kids 12 and under FREE. Teens are $15 and adults are $35.
LOOKING FOR THOSE FILM=JOBS STICKERS? Sunrise Broadcasting has a few. Feel free to stop by and grab you one while they last at 25 N. Kerr Ave. (near the intersection of Market and Kerr across from the new Walgreens). Offices are open from 8:30am-5:30pm M-F. Please one sticker per person please. They will run out fast! Thanks!
MOST POPULAR BLOGS THIS WEEK:
- THE WILMYWOOD DAILY – 03/25/2014 Under The Dome, Dwight’s in Town, Red Zone, Biggest Loser Auditions
- Homeland’s James Rebhorn Passes Away
- WILMYWOOD’S HOMAGE TO OUR MUPPET MOVIE
- Nicholas Sparks Is Returning to Wilmywood!!
- Homeland’s James Rebhorn Passes Away
- Dwight Yoakam Goes Under the Dome!
- THE WILMYWOOD DAILY – 03/17/2014 RED ZONE – The Complete Cast List
- Under the Dome’s Samantha Mathis Returns; Kevin Rahm is Mad for Red
That just about does it for me; I will have more Wilmywood updates for you tomorrow morning (unless something breaks) and every weekday morning we do “What’s Up in Wilmywood” at 7:30am & 8:30am LIVE on Sunny 104.5. Got Scoop? Email me: email@example.com. Or message me on Wilmywood’s FB or on Twitter. You can also just post your comments below! Until then, that’s a wrap!!