Extras Casting Director Named for TNT’s Good Behavior (Season 2)

A lot of people have been wondering who is doing extras casting for Season 2 of Good Behavior. Well, congrats to Taylor Woodell of TW Casting.

Production begins Monday, April 10th and she will be casting background as well as Stand-ins and Photo-Doubles!

She is now accepting general submissions. E-mail to TWCasting.GBS2@gmail.com.

She will be posting specific roles soon so keep an eye out on her Facebook page!

All extras must be willing and able to work as local to Wilmington.

E-mail MUST include the following:
Photo of yourself as well as Name, Age, Location, Contact Information, Height, Weight, Wardrobe Sizes AND a description of any tattoos or piercings!!

NOTE: If you were an extra for Season One of Good Behavior and you remember your role, please include the role(s) in the subject line.

Congratulations Taylor! Have a great season!

 

Advertisements

SIX Season 2 Location Revealed

In a letter to the cast and crew yesterday, the producing team expressed their gratitude and touted the Wilmington Film community and its beautiful locations with all the area had to offer. At the end of season one, the SIX team still had high hopes of returning to the Port City, however, as the world changes so does the storyline. And with that, the location.

“It was our intent to return but the world has changed and with that change came a new direction for our story line.”

Season Two will head North crossing the border to Vancouver.

The members of the producing team went on to say how highly they speak of Wilmington and how exceptional the crew is. They truly want their paths to cross here in Wilmywood again.

“We will miss you and will always be comparing our future seasons to the success we had with you.”

I know a lot of the crew really enjoyed working on this show, but there is now an opening to be filled. I’ll keep you posted on what will be filling it.

 

 

NC General Assembly pass repeal of HB2.

Photo: Yahoo.com

The NC House of Representatives passed a bill to repeal House Bill 2 otherwise known as the “bathroom bill.” It was a 70-48 vote.

The NC Senate passed the bill earlier in the day. Now it will go to Gov. Roy Cooper for his signature.

It’s certainly isn’t perfect as Cooper stated, but it would begin to repair the state’s reputation.

WECT reported that the deal reached between Cooper and Moore would repeal HB2, re-set bathroom access to pre-HB2 standards and also include a moratorium preventing local governments from passing their own non-discrimination ordinances through at least December 1, 2020, the NC General Assembly says.

As far as film is concerned, I have been told there are many productions that still want to be here, however, they would not come to North Carolina until HB2 was repealed. We shall see how Hollywood reacts to the repeal with the moratorium in place.

NC Republican lawmakers & Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper resolve a standoff on HB2.

NC Republican lawmakers & Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper resolve a standoff on HB2.

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – North Carolina Republican lawmakers and Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper say they have agreed on legislation to resolve a standoff over the state’s “bathroom bill.” GOP leaders announced late Wednesday the new legislation would be debated and voted on Thursday, but it was unclear whether there were enough votes to pass it. Cooper said it’s not a perfect deal but would begin to repair the state’s reputation. The replacement measure still restricts LGBT nondiscrimination protections.

WBTV reports that the news comes in just hours before the NCAA’s deadline that required our state leaders to repeal HB2 or lose the chance to host any college championships for the next five years.  The NCAA will announce basketball championship sites today.

 

 

 

Gov. Cooper goes to bat for NC Film

As promised Governor Roy Cooper is going to bat for the film industry. He wants to bring back the good old incentive days. And we should be celebrating.

While I absolutely love his intentions, I don’t think we should jump up and down and break out the champagne quite yet. If you follow the NCGA when it comes to film religiously, you know there will be some major push back, to say the least.

I suppose that’s why I didn’t drum up an immediate blog when I saw the budget proposal. But at the same time, I know I should at least let everyone know what the heck is going on.

This week, Gov. Cooper added a Film and Entertainment Tax Incentive (the dreaded word) as part of the budget proposal. If we wanna get anywhere with the NCGA, we need to call it what it is: a rebate.

It would provide up to $9 million for a television series, $12 million for a feature film and $250,000 for commercials. AND the best part it would have no annual cap. You know, like the incentive, err, rebate, we had before the whole grant mess.

This Utopian plan if agreed upon by the House and the Senate would go into effect January 2018. When the grant runs out this July, they would add $15 million to it to tide us over until the end of the year.

Now Cooper made another promise which I know he is doing his best to accomplish. Getting rid of HB2. That’s going to need to happen in order for our film industry to blossom again.

From what I have been told, production companies call frequently asking the same question: Is it (HB2) gone yet?

We all know how much the NCGA just adores the old incentive (yes, that was sarcasm). And how much they just can’t wait to get rid of the “Bathroom Bill.” (yes, again)

So, I am not holding my breathe. Neither should you.

All we can do is hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. Wow, so doom and gloom, right?  Damn. Have I become that jaded with NC politics?

On a happier note, it looks like TNT’s Good Behavior is getting back to work on Season 2 this month and we should know soon if SIX will return to Wilmington within the next couple weeks.

SEE BUDGET PROPOSAL HERE