Happy Sunday! I see that Buzzfeed liked my interview with Alexander Koch, based on this animated gif they made. Click on it and watch Alex come to life. Ha! Plenty more for Junior fans on their site. Thanks, Lauren Yapalater!
Tomorrow is officially another Dome Day! Ready for Episode two for Under the Dome? If you missed the pilot, an encore presentation is tonight at 9pm EST. Don’t forget Hell’s Kitchen is where it’s at -the official viewing headquarters for Under the Dome Monday nights @10pm. And again some LIVE tweeting from the cast and fans! #UnderTheDome. Over the weekend, we got some final numbers for the ratings of #UndertheDome and their ratings rose again thanks to DVR! After they pulled the DVR records, the CBS series rose from 13.5 to 16.69 million viewers!! I will be waiting anxiously on Tuesday for Episode 2’s numbers! I will post them as soon as I find out!
Wanna know where some of the scenes were shot in Under the Dome? I got an email from Owen in Connecticut:
I watched the Under the Dome premiere, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I have a strange question I’m hoping you can answer. In the episode, Barbie (Mike Vogel), in an effort to avoid cows in the middle of the street, crashes through a fence and onto a farm where Angie (Britt Robertson) and Joe (Colin Ford) live. Shortly after Barbie crashes his car, the titular dome comes crashing down on Chester’s Mill … splitting an unlucky cow in the process! I know the majority of the pilot episode was filmed in Southport, Burgaw and Wilmington, but I’m guessing this farm is not in any of those three places. I’m not a local, however (I live in Connecticut), so I was wondering if you might happen to know where this series-setting scene was filmed. Any help would be terrific.
Thanks for writing Owen, and here’s your answer along with some other locations.
Under the Dome is shot in three different counties: New Hanover (Wilmington), Brunswick (Southport) and Pender (Burgaw and Currie).
– The scene where Mike Vogel (Barbie) crashed in the pilot and where the dome came down on him and Colin Ford (Joe) was shot in Currie, NC
– Big Jim’s Car Lot took over Southport Motorcars on North Howe Street in Southport.
– Chester’s Mill Clinic is actually The Ocean Trail Convalescent Center also in Southport.
– Big Jim’s house is actually in two different counties. His back porch is in Southport on E. Bay St, but the inside of his house is near downtown Wilmington on Chestnut St.
– The location used for the kids partying after the dome comes down with John Elvis (Ben) and Colin Ford (Joe) is called the 6th St Bridge (aka Harry Forden Truss Bridge) which is just past Downtown Wilmington.
– The location used for the gas station where Mackenzie Lintz(Norrie), Aisha Hinds(Carolyn) and Samantha Mathis(Alice) stops before the dome comes down is in downtown Burgaw at a defunct gas station at the corner of E. Wilmington/N. Wright St.
– The exterior radio station is in Southport, but the interior is on Sound Stage 7 at EUE/Screen Gems studios in Wilmington.
– Other interiors at EUE/Screen Gems includes the bunker where Alexander Koch (Junior) holds Britt Robertson (Angie) captive. This is also on Stage 7.
– On Stage 8, you will find the Sweetbriar Rose, the cafe run by Beth Broderick (Rose).
Anymore location questions? Post ’em below!
SUNDAY, JULY 21 (2:15 PM – 3:15 PM): UNDER THE DOME IS HEADED TO SAN DIEGO COMIC CON
The dome has descended upon Chester’s Mill and there is no way in or no way out! Get a sneak peek of what’s in store for the town and its residents as they become sealed off from the rest of the world in this summer’s critically acclaimed series based on the bestselling book by Stephen King, from Amblin Television. Stars Dean Norris (Breaking Bad), Mike Vogel (Bates Motel) and Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight) will be joined by executive producers Brian K. Vaughan (Lost) and Neal Baer (Law & Order: SVU). Norris, Vogel and Lefevre will participate in an exclusive autograph signing following the panel at the CBS Interactive Booth at 3:30 PM – 4:15 PM on the convention floor.
I’ll catch you tomorrow night Under the Dome on CBS-10WILM at 10pm! Don’t miss tomorrow’s blog, some more movies coming into town, plus…well I will wait until tomorrow. Don’t want anyone stealing my stories! Happens all the time!