Remember a few days ago when I posted this HORRIBLE Photoshop job for the movie poster of The Heat? What was the point of taking about 30 lbs off Melissa McCarthy? What is there to hide? Everyone knows her size, and she loves herself the way she is, so what gives?
Well, she finally spoke about that and the hateful review from Rex Reed when Identity Thief came out and referred to her as, “cacophonous, tractor-sized Melissa McCarthy.” Wow, can someone please bitch slap him? But before you do, please throw the $171 million I.T. made at the worldwide box office in his face. It’s one thing to not like a movie and give it a bad review, but it’s another when you throw in hateful, personal digs.
Her response is not surprising. Again, this woman’s got class! Read the article: http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/06/13/melissa-mccarthy-weight-rex-reed/
- Melissa McCarthy shocked by harsh review (contactmusic.com)
- Melissa McCarthy FIRES Extra For Mistreating Kid! (wilmywood.wordpress.com)
- Melissa McCarthy Addresses Being Called “Hippo” in Nasty Review of Identity Thief (gossipcop.com)
- Melissa McCarthy Responds to Critic Who Called Her ‘Tractor-Sized’ (celebuzz.com)
- Melissa McCarthy Responds to “Hippo” Comment, Pities Movie Critic (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Slimmer McCarthy poster controversy (cnn.com)
- Melissa McCarthy Responds to Critic Who Called Her a ‘Female Hippo’ (people.com)
- The Heat Movie Posters: Under Fire for Melissa McCarthy Photoshopping (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Did Melissa McCarthy Go On A Photoshop Diet? (fitwithfallon.com)
- Movie Poster Featuring Melissa McCarthy Draws Ire (fox8.com)